Minimum Length Between 3/4" Copper Fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Fraser Jim

Reaction score
I am putting together some piping in a very tight space. Need to do a 180. Was going to use two 3/4" 90 degree elbows. Is there a minimum gap that I need between the two fitting ends?

Fraser Jim

Reaction score
Not familiar with street 90. I am reworking a water meter installation. The plumber made the 180 with the two 90degree elbows, but has too long a pipe between the fittings so everything is misaligned.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You'll find street elbows right along side the standard elbows at the supply houses. If you are not familiar with them, you can easily mistake them for standard elbows until you look at them. One point I would make about this project besides the street elbows is soldering directly into a ball valve. Be certain the valve is open when you solder and don't use more heat and solder than necessary. Too much of either can damage the valve. Pros may have some more advice on this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks