Order of the gaskets

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans L

Reaction score
Boy, do I need help here.

I have a Pfister Pfirst Series Centerset Bath Faucet, 4 Inch, 2-Handle, 3 Hole Lavatory Faucets Professional Grade, probably Model #: G143-5100 (if not exactly, my model it probably works exactly the same way), in one bathroom. It leaked for the first time a few days ago, and I demounted it to clean it. Now, I do not remember the order of the three gaskets.

Details: In the valve (960-802 Cartridge), there are two butterfly-like hard plastic "gaskets" (H) and one butterfly-like soft rubber gasket (S). I suspect that the order should be HSH, but I am not sure. Is there an expert here that would know?

Thank you very much for your possible help!

Hans L

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They are NOT plastic, they are ceramic, and if you removed them it is not always easy to get they reassembled properly. The two ceramic pieces fit together, and very specific order, and the rubber goes on the outside to hold them in place when it is tightened into the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks