Seattle continues to evolve, what has changed in 50 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1962. It seemed like the entire world was changing. The Space Needle was fantastic, cars looked like space ships and we thought our cars would fly us to work when we were old enough to get a driving license. It wasn't long after that when we listened to the radio and were told that man had landed on the moon. It was pretty fantastic back then.

worlds_fair_1962_loves.jpg

James Packard Love, Terry Love, Shannon Darcy Love

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Very nice! My wife and I went out on our first date to the 1964 Worlds Fair in 1964 in NYC. I have many pictures of us and fond memories of that place.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Terry, be sure to buy those US mugs at your Starbucks stop. They are after all molded of fired clay, and you can add a Toto sticker to them.

Scroll back a few for the link,

Cookie

Reaction score
With the show on Tv last night about the high-wire walker, Wallenda, walking across Niagara Falls, I was wondering, if anyone ever did any stunts from your Space Needle?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Cookie

Reaction score
That picture of you is so great, as kids. You were so lucky to have had so much and see so much. What a great childhood Terry.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Sadly that area is overdue for a plate shift that will make Japans look like kids play. I would have a house way inland on a nice hilltop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks