Residential, found the forum looking to buy new

Users who are viewing this thread

SF

Reaction score
Glad I came across this forum. I went to a local reputable dealer and they suggested I buy a Cadet 3 to replace a 10 year old basic Crane that I'm tired of.

I'd never heard of Toto but now that's the way I'm going thanks to this forum. If it's just me in a ranch style home I'm looking between the Ultramax and I've also read about the Drake. Quick questions:

* I'm taller, I wanted a taller height but it seems the Ultramax is the same height as the one I'm replacing? Do I just take care of this with a taller seat?

* I see Terry 'loves' the Ultramax MS854114SG... but I see an Ultramax II here and there on the net. I'm also not sure of why some buy the Drake instead (cost?)

Thanks for any help. I'd like a nice model 1 piece easily cleaned that I don't have to flush 2-3 times and use a plunger randomly. Thanks!

Sorry I'm a noob here if this thread is also here somewhere else.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake and the Ultramax have ADA versions, you will find the letter "L" in the model number, which means the bowl is 16-1/2" tall
Drake CST744SL, CST744EL
Ultramax MS854114SL, MS854114EL, MS8/54114ELG

The othe Toto models that use the Letter "F" means the bowl is 16-1/8" high.
The Drake II, Vespin II, Carlyle II and the Ultramax II are F bowls at 16-1/8"
Drake II CST454CEFG
Vespin II CST474CEFG
Carlyle II MS614164CEFG
Ultramax II MS604164CEFG

Last edited:

SF

Reaction score
So there is no model for TOTO that has all of the following. CEFIONTECT, 1.6gpf, elongated bowl, g-max & at least 16" tall?

From other reviews for cleaning purposes I'd like the CEFIONTECT. Wish the Ultramax came in a taller height with CEFIONTECT I'd buy one today.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Then pick up the
Ultramax ADA MS854114ELG
Ultramax II MS604164CEFG
Drake II CST454CEFG
1.28 GPF but so what, they work!

These are tall bowls with CEFIONTECT and they flush fine.
I"m selling a ton of these.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks