Shared Well Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Palecek

Reaction score
We share a well with one neighbor. We have our own pressure tank and the neighbor recently installed a new pressure tank. Since then when the pump kicks in a very loud noise vibrates through our home (sounds like a small plane is going to land on the roof!). The water pipe coming into our home to our pressure tank vibrates. What can we do to eleviate the noise? Better yet what is causing the noise/vibration?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Check to see if his tank is pressurized to the same PSI that your is and that his pressure switch is also set the same. Does a single pump supply both tanks?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm thinking there may be some air getting into the system from the well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I am guessing your house is a few feet higher in elevation than the neighbors? So the same air pressure in both tanks means the bladder in your tank is hitting bottom before or just as the pump starts. Let a little air out of your tank and see if that doesn’t help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks