Toto EcoNexus instead of Aquia

Users who are viewing this thread

MiamiBeach

Reaction score
Hello. I need some help deciding on a toilet.

I am remodeling my bathroom and had been planning to install a Toto Aquia Dual Flush toilet. My supplier had highly recommended it and I have been wanting to get a dual flush toilet for a while as well.

My supplier had 50+ in stock in late July. I placed my order early August, and they were out of stock. Now it's 2 months later and they're still in backorder, and apparently the supply problem is not just in Miami and I cannot find a single Toto Aquia (in white) anywhere! I have been told they're not expected before December and I can't wait that long.

I started looking at other dual flush toilets, and the only one that I considered was the Caroma Caravelle, but the one piece toilet is more than twice the price of the Toto Aquia and I am just not crazy about the look of their two piece Caravelle.

I found another dual flush toilet locally, Trend T-1003, nice looking toilet, reasonably priced ($350) but I am really not sure I want to take the risk with an unknown like that. I cannot find any information or reviews online about it.

So today, I am browsing through the Toto website and stumble upon a new toilet, the EcoNexus.

The look is very similar to the Aquia, and while it's not a dual flush, at least I'll be saving water on every flush. However this toilet is so new that I can't find any reviews on it either. I also noticed that the original Toto Nexus was not on the list of recommended toilets on this site. Is the Nexus not a good toilet?

Has any one tried any of the Toto Eco toilets yet?

Thanks for your help.

cst794_door.jpg

Toto Nexus

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I've only sold one Drake with the new Eco-Flush and have not had feedback yet on it's flush.
The Drake and the Nexus both have the G-max flush and i believe the only difference i can see on the Eco is the fill valve has been changed and the flapper now has a float attached to the top of it which would make it close faster.
This would limit the amout of water leaving the tank using less water.
I would think if there was not a great flush you could remove the extra float in essence letting more water into the bowl and giving it a stronger flush.
I have had the Caroma Caravelle installed before in our showroom bathroom and we had lots of problem with marking.

sydney_on_tile.jpg

The Caroma Sydney comfort height round 270 bowl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks