Deep sink vs. rough in height

Users who are viewing this thread

CCP

Reaction score
I have been a long time viewer and have learned tons from the experts on this form. I have a problem and I am hoping that I can get some feedback. I am getting a new kitchen sink that is 1 7/8" deeper than my current sink. I want to know if I have enough height on my outlet. I have attached a couple pictures that hopefully show what I am trying to do.

FYI the new sink is a 9.5" undermount sink with a disposal.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help.

Attachments

• sink with ruler.jpeg
    sink with ruler.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 791
  • sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,004

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
It looks like you will be OK. The tail piece out of the strainer can be cut shorter and the lower section of the T can also be cut shorter. If you need more room you could also get a shallower basket strainer.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

The disposer side will be the determinant, not the basket strainer. The undermounting and deeper sink will probably lower the disposer about 3", but the setup appears to be just adequate for it to work.

CCP

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. HJ - I think it will work as well, the new one is only 1 7/8" deeper even when you account for it being undermounted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks