Why is this not attached?

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY

Reaction score
Without seeing this electrical breaker panel perhaps might have to be done to give an accurate answer,or maybe it can be answered without seeing it. As i was looking at the breaker box (remodeling kitchen , house built 1957) i noticed a bare ground copper wire 6 or 8 gauge maybe that was not connected,and no electrical has been done yet. 8 to 10 years or so ago the service was upgraded to a 125 amp box. The existing box in the kitchen controls all receptacles,lights ,hot water heater and range in the house.The outside 125 amp box controls the central a/c heat, microwave and has a main breaker as well. Was wondering why this is? I have unplugged all important stuff as perhaps this gives a ground to receptacles throughout?

Much appreciated!

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Could be an old ground to water pipe or old grounding rods?
Is there any other bare large copper in the box?

Or the box was the main at one point & then converted to a sub

DIY

Reaction score
why is this not attached

Thanks for the reply scuba dave,Nope this is the only bare large copper wire in the box.

QUOTE=Scuba_Dave;186926]Could be an old ground to water pipe or old grounding rods?
Is there any other bare large copper in the box?

Or the box was the main at one point & then converted to a sub[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks