Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Ikea Journalist Shelving Instructions with pictures

ikea_2121.jpg

If you have garage sale shelving from IKEA, then theses pictures will help you. Getting shelving in pieces can be fun.

ikea_2117.jpg

These are the top and bottom of a drawer or wood shelving unit.

ikea_2122.jpg

The clips need to be attached to the framing.

ikea_2124.jpg

The rounded side goes up. This is what holds the shelving.

ikea_2125.jpg

The you can install the lower shelf first, and then the sides, and then the thin back panel.

ikea_2126.jpg

Last goes the upper portion.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ikea_2127.jpg

The pins fit into the holes with cams to tighten and snug them down.

ikea_2130.jpg

These take a phillips screw driver.

ikea_2132.jpg

Part way there!

ikea_2134.jpg

This is the door unit

ikea_2135.jpg

The door hinge

ikea_2136.jpg

Robert Thornton

Reaction score
ikea_2140.jpg

ikea_2142.jpg

ikea_2119.jpg

ikea_2120.jpg

ikea_2143.jpg

The desk unit that is holding the printer, uses a metric M5.8 x 25mm flat head machine screws.

Is the a contact email or web site in the Journalist manual? I need to obtain another shelf clips. I purchased a unit off Craigslist and it is missing one. Ikea no longer sells this brand and I cannot find the Journalist website or that proprietary clip online or in stores.

Thanks,

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Terry where is the Anti Tip Bracket? I have noticed so many company's following suit with Ikea's stand on not installing this clip and leaving it to the home owner. Did you use one?

Could you screw in behind the drawers on the left side unit?

timearl

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

I have some second hand J shelving with no instructions. Do you know the article number, please?
Alternatively, I want to use the threaded holes along the lateral shelf supports, but don't know the size. Annoyingly, they're different to the ones that hold the supports to the uprights. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cheshire cat

Reaction score
Hello Terry,

I'd like ask you a service? I have pretty the same Journalist shelve at home, but unfortunately, the screws disappeared. I mean: the screw to attach the metal shelve with the metal ladder (thoses we might observe on your pre-last posted picture). Could I ask you the reference number of this screw? It is usually written on the first page of the instruction that you seems to have. Or just make me a picture of this page :)

Anyway , it would be wonderful to know it. Because, even our Belgian Ikea costumer service is not able to find the info back...
Thank you in advance for your time.

Yours Sincerely

Denis

Saul Gerstenhaber

Reaction score
Dear Terry. An amazing site even for a hands-off architect like me.
I happen to have 8 Journalist units 82 x 45 x 90 cm shelving units and I wondered if you knew how to stack them on top of each other?
Many thanks. Saul

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks