Help identifying bathroom faucet brand

Users who are viewing this thread

atlas_drums

Reaction score
Hello! I have a leaky bathroom faucet and need to replace the cartridge. The faucet was installed when I bought the house two years ago. The house was completely remodeled just before I bought it, so the faucet is no more than 3 years old.

Unfortunately, I haven't find a brand anywhere on the faucet. I've checked everywhere and taken apart the entire thing. Look in every nook and cranny I can think of to no avail. I took the cartridge to some plumbing supply stores and they were unable to help me. Does anyone here recognize this faucet? This is my last stop before I give up and just replace the whole thing.

Thanks for the assist! :confused::confused::confused:

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto (1).jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT looks like the stem has an "extension" on the end of it. Remove that then give us a picture of the stem next to a ruler so we can tell the overall length of it. That is a HUGE factor in finding the manufacturer, assuming it is a major manufacturer. What is the problem with it?

Asktom

Reaction score
If your stem has 20 splines on the broach where the handle goes on and the diameter of the broach is 5/16" and the stem is 2" tall, then I know what it is, sort of. The stem manufacturer Barry Walter shows the maker as "unknown", their part numbers are 459281 (hot) & 459282 (cold). Barry Walter won't sell you the ceramic disc cartridge directly, but you may be able to hunt them down using those numbers. It is possible that some valves using these stems were sold as "Voer", but I'm not sure.

grahamra79

Reaction score
Looking for a facuet cartridge

did you ever find the cartridge or manufacture I am looking for the same

Christopher Tracy

Reaction score
hj,

I have the same cartridge as pictured above and can't find its replacement part. The total length is 2" and there are 20 splines on the broach. I am not sure what the size of the broach is, but when I went to Home Depot, it was a little smaller than their smallest size available. For some reason, I have a feeling this is a metric part. It looks like it could possibly be one of the parts on page 3 of this catalog, http://www.barrywalter.com/img/catalog_pdf/CERAMIC PAGES.pdf, but I can't determine what brand it is. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dukeusul

Reaction score
I have this *exact* cartridge and need to replace it. Did anyone determine definitively what it is?

Thanks!
Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks