Can you tell me the brand and model of this faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

dwclapp

Reaction score
It's our Master Bath tub. (Please don't laugh at the green plastic tub - we bought a foreclosure and are remodeling.)

The home was built in 1994.

The valve stems are S-180's.

A plumber tells me this valve stem is commonly used by Altmans, California Faucet, Newport Brass, Paul and Sepco brand faucets.

I'd like to buy replacement parts, and could use your help identifying the brand and model.

An on-line source for replacement parts would be wonderful.

Thanks.

DWClapp

Attachments

• Master_Bath_Fauce&#1.jpg
    Master_Bath_Fauce&#1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 855
  • Master_Bath_Fauce&#1.jpg
    Master_Bath_Fauce&#1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will have to remove the stem and get a photo and the measurements.
Sometimes it's easier when the stem is out, to take it to a plumbing parts house to order the parts.

This is why plumbers love simplicity.
Delta, Moen and Price Pfister have just a few parts.

Kohler has more parts, that can be a problem,

The boutique faucets, they can get their body parts from anywhere.
And Pegasus, they don't have replacement parts or web sites.
Pegasus is one and done. If it wears out, you just replace the entire faucet.

dwclapp

Reaction score
I previously figured out these faucets use an Altman's ceramic valve stem model S-180 (with the help of Tom Potts at www.faucetstems.com (a great guy who steered me to this forum).

Here's the valve stem link: http://www.faucetstems.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=726

The question I'm now asking is: Who manufactured this faucet?

I'd like to purchase some replacement handles, and also towel racks. Knowing the manufacturer would be a big help.

Thanks.

dwclapp

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The handles are unique enough that you should be able to match them to a catalog picture. BUT the overall design is so generic that any of those companies could have produced it. And given that they are constantly modifying their product line, it is also possible that YOUR design is no longer produced and you would have to go with a different pattern. All you can do it go to a specialty faucet distributor and pore through their catalogs, and there are dozens of those. And when you finish, you may still not have an answer, because it could be a company that they do not have the catalogs for, since not every distributor deals with every manufacturer. The key words in the photo of the stem is "and many other manufacturers". The stem is not going to help you narrow the choices of manufacturers down to a "precious few".

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It resembles the Broadway English Rope design. I will check the book later this mornin for you. Broadway is long gone, and sometime you can get lucky and find a stem, but of course no trim parts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The stem is completely useless as far as identifying the manufacturer. I have a stem just like that on my desk. The only difference is that it did not use the screw on escutcheon so it does not have the nipple around the stem. Right now, I cannot remember which brand faucet I got it for, possibly even Kohler, but since it is so "generic" it will fit many brands.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks