Toilet that fits a very small bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Katya

Reaction score
Hi,

Does someone could help me with the following problem? I will be very grateful...

Currently I have a toilet with 12" rough-in and it is 28" long. I guess the toilet wasn't installed proper and there is no gap between the back of the toilet and the wall.

I don't have tiles right now, but I want to put tiles while repairing the bathroom. Tiles add some thinkness to the wall and I will have to move the toilet forward. As a result, I could only use the toilets with 10" rough-in or smaller (if such exist) for my future project.

Also, I can't move the toilet more than 2 inches forward, otherwise I won't be able to open to door to the bathroom (the toilet will be on the way :)

So, the limitations are the following: 10" (or less) rough-in toilet that is no more that 26 1/2" long. Do you know any models that will fit this crazy criteria?

Thanks a lot!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

What is the "exact" dimension from where the face of the tile will be to the center of the toilet's pipe. Just because a toilet is called 12" does not mean that is what it has to be. Many 12" toilets fit on a pipe 11 1/4" from the wall, for example. If you use a 10" toilet its front will move forward the distance that the drain is greater than 10".

SamC

Reaction score
It looks like the AS Cadet3 RF 10 inch RI, and the Gerber Viper RF 10 inch RI will meet those specs, just barely.

Katya

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, hj!

The exact dimension from the center of the pipe to the tiled wall is 10 3/4 inches.

Katya

Reaction score
Thank you so much to all of you for the quick reply.
It seems that so far I have 3 options:

TOTO Reliance C703-10.
AS Cadet3 RF 10 inch RI (2384-010).
Gerber Viper RF 10 inch RI

I really liked the design of Cadet3, you know design is kinda important for girls :) Do you know of any good/bad reviews about AS Cadet 3?
Which one of the three models mentioned above is better (flushes better, more reliable)?

Thanks!

SamC

Reaction score
One member reported having trouble finding a Cadet3 bowl that was flat on the bottom. If you decide you like the Cadet3, I would definitely pull the bowl out of the carton and check to see if it is flat before leaving the dealer.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks