Panasonic Vent Fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Just looking at Panasonic vent fans for a bathroom remodel.

Found a interesting review over at Amazon...I'd figure I'd check in with ya'll
What vent fans have you guys worked with & or any experience with the Panasonic units..

Cut-N-Past Review Here
-------

Be careful here!

This unit has an outlet duct of 5 19/32" which DOES NOT match any standard ductwork.

I ended up using 6" flex duct that was crimped down to the outlet duct via a 6" clamp but that's hardly professional.

I suppose this unit is designed for a market other than the USA.

The electrical outlet box is mounted (tack welded) directly on top of the housing flange which means you must cut a sheetrock opening

that will compensate for this outlet box dimension. (otherwise the outlet box would come in direct contact with the ceiling sheetrock).

You will then have to purchase a 6" to 4" duct adapter if using as a replacement and exhausting via the roof or soffit. Again not ideal for air flow.

The unit is very quiet but look for a unit with a more standardised dimension otherwise, you will vastly complicate your install.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I needed a powerful, quiet bathroom fan for mounting VERTICALLY. The only one I found at the time was a Panasonic. I have had it in place for about 10 years. It is "fan-tastic!" Extremely quiet and very powerful. It will pull the bedroom door open if it is closed but not latched.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I was going to order one when I realized that my existing fan blows straight up out through the roof with no bends in the duct.
Are there any good fan units that exhaust out the top?

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
I installed a Panasonic fan and it is great. Super quiet. Mine is in a small bathroom, so I got an 80 CFM model. 4" outlet and no problems attaching to standard 4" rigid ducting. I didn't have any problems with the junction box (my bath was getting all new drywall anyway, but I don't see what that reviewer is talking about unless his model fan is quite different). These fans also have a bunch of different ways to mount them (I think mine had 4-5 options) and you select which option works best (which can depend if new work or a remodel).

Cacher: I'm not sure if Panasonic has any top outlet fans or not, but I do know they make some nice inline fans. You could do a return air box/grill like you would use for HVAC, run 4"-6" duct up to your inline fan, and then vent out the roof.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Is Ridgid or Insulated Flex Duct. I have always had ridgid installed.....but this was more for kitchen exhaust, dryer, etc....

Bearing uninsulated space, I'm thinking the insulated duct may be a option to consider. Plus, it may be quieter versus ridgid. My run is a straight shot, no elbows, 2 feet run at max.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
I used rigid. I like it better than flex. Mine is all within conditioned space, so the insulation wasn't needed. I think in your case, I would do rigid and then wrap with duct insulation. You get better flow through rigid and I've seen cases where the flex can break down with age. Either one will work, though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks