Rubber Gasket Around Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

tweeder712

Reaction score
I am installing a new Jacuzzi corner tub and someone mentioned that I get a "rubber gasket" for around the tub. I saw one at a friends house its shaped like a sideways "T" and was white. Is the proper name for this product, and where would I be able to purchase one?
Thank you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If this is a drop-in tub that is also going to be used as a shower, then the tiling flange kit is what you need to keep water out of the walls, at least from the tub surface (there are other things that need to be done to make the whole thing waterproof in a shower situation). But, if it is only going to be used for soaking, this won't work. Someone might make a rubber gasket for under the lip to be used in a drop-in situation, but I'm not familiar with them.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you haven't bought it yet, they probably make a version just like that one that has a factory tiling flange already installed (moulded in). That is the better choice. Also, you could use something like Dilex from www.schluter.com along with their Kerdi membrane to waterproof the walls.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks