Ok to connect two SS flex supply lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

moose186

Reaction score
Is it safe/ok to make a 24" length of flex braided supply line using two 12" lines with a brass coupling? My supply valve is 22" from the faucet.

Also, my tailpipe in the bath sink has rubber gaskets above and below the drain...should I be using plumbers putty too or is the rubber enough?

Thx in advance!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can connect two braided supplies using the brass nipple.

The lav drain uses the rubber gaskets. You can't use both putty and gaskets.
On the veritical threads, some plumbers will use either putty or pipe dope. That's the part that slides through the lower gasket, large washer and nut.

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
They make braided extensions for this with a 3/8" female x 3/8" male but either way will work.

faucet-supply-38-comp-38-od.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Either use the 3/8 x 3/8 male/female (the male end usually has a "coupling" on it for attaching to a copper line. If so, discard it), or a 3/8x3/8 female/female with a 3/8" compression coupling between them. It makes a neater installation.

moose186

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the great help...

after 3 months of weekend work and some weeknights, the bathroom is done and working and no leaks and life is calm again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks