PVC Wall Tube Connection

Users who are viewing this thread

BillM

Reaction score
Hello all.....

Please bear with me, but I've got a very basic question......

I have 1-1/2 inch PCV Wall Tube from behind vanity. I am trying to connect Plastic P-Trap to the PVC. The PVC has no threads......just straight PVC coming out of wall.

What is best way to attach connector? 1-1/2 inch connector doesn't seem to fit correctly? Is the term "Desanki" familiar? Local plumbing supplier told me that I "cut off the Desanki", when I shortened the wall pipe......so now attempting to reconnect, but standard HD plastic doesn't seem to be a 'tight' fit? Don't want a leak problem later?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for info...

-Bill

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm just a DIYer, so admittedly there are lots of things I don't know, but I have no idea what a "Desanki" is, Google doesn't either. But, to transition from PVC pipe to a P trap, you need a threaded adapter. Smock man at HD didn't give you very good advice. You would be wise to have someone illustrate how to make this connection with actually pieces of pipe and fittings.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
It is called a desanko or trap adapter.The term desanko comes from the man that invented it.It was his name.

BillM

Reaction score
Thank you......I'm just back from HD......
Gary....you were right.....Smock Man did steer me wrong.....
cwhyu2......thanks for clarifying 'Desanko'.......

Bottom line - Desanko=Trap Adapter.....and that's what I ended up with......finally......

Thanks again!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
connector

DeSanko, Marvel connector, waste and vent connector, trap adapter, and maybe others, all of them refer to the same thing. I am not sure that De Sanko invented it because we used them for decades before I heard his name associated with it. Which one you use depends on which part of the U.S.A. you are in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks