roman tub filler in acrylic tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

luv2jam

Reaction score
my plumber questions the longevity and integrity of a deck mounted roman tub filler with a hand held faucet (Grohe 3 holes total) in an acrylic tub. The tub is a neptune wind

here is the link to the tub:
GROHE 32 232 000 Essence Roman Tub Filler with Personal Hand Shower, Chrome

Here is the link to the faucet:

he is suggesting a wall filler instead. Are his concerns valid?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
From a repair point of view, he's right.
A faucet installed on a deck is pretty easy to repair and maintain. Replacement of the hose is another matter.
A wall mount hose attachment is forever in plain sight. If you had an access panel for a repair down the line, then it wouldn't matter, but that tub looks pretty closed in. However, I've seen plenty of these installed on decks. I don't so much mind installing them, they should last years. Going back to service the hose? Yeow!

luv2jam

Reaction score
Thank you Terry for the quick reply! So I talked with my contractor and we decided to put in an access door based on your input. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks