Pressure tank issue??

Users who are viewing this thread

Onokai

Reaction score
I have a well rite(flexcon) 62 gallon tank-its about 15 years old. I'm using a 40/60 pressure ratio on my Square D pressure switch. The tanks is set at 38#s and is slowly losing pressure. My pump is a submersible Goulds pump(110 feet) with a Grundfos controller
I filled it to 38# two weeks ago and now its at 31#s-this has been slowly getting worse. Making the pump short cycle and give strange high pressure readings on gauge. This is the third time in past 3 months I needed to top off air pressure.
My question is this tank bladder giving up and needing replacement???
also is there a better brand tank out there to get this time? WellXtrol?
Well
Mark

PS
I take the pressure readings with water pressure drained and have a super good pressure gauge.

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Think of it like the tire on your car.

Make sure you measuring it with the water drained from the tank and a good quality pressure gauge.

If it's losing air, it's shot.

According to the experts here, the lifespan of a new pressure tank is about 8 years.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I have a well rite(flexcon) 62 gallon tank-its about 15 years old...

...According to the experts here, the lifespan of a new pressure tank is about 8 years.
I'd say that tank doesn't owe you anything. Probably won't get that from any new one, regardless of brand. Best to limit cycling to extend the life of the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks