Air problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Chrisw1958

Reaction score
I just helped a coworker who had a bladderless tank that was leaking. We installed a new bladder tank, oressure switch and gauge, 75 lb pop off, new backflow valve between tank and pump. It cycles well and has good pressure but everytime you use water it seems to have to spit some air out at faucets and toilets. It has been 4 days since the install so it is not left over. He says when you listen to the pump coming on you can hear gurgling for a few seconds like it is pumping air and water but then it is quiet. Is this a drop pipe or footvalve problem and how can I tell?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your system was assembled for a non-bladder tank. There are air bleeders in the drop pipe of the well pump that charge the tank with air on each cycle.

You either need to install a non-bladder tank or pull the pump and remove the bleeders from the drop pipe.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
"Foot Valve?" "Listen to the pump come on?" Made me think it is a jet pump. If it is a submersible, then sometimes just removing the above ground check valve will usually keep the air bleeder from opening. If after removing the above ground check valve you still have air, then you will need to pull up to the bleeder orifice and plug it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks