Fleck 5600SXT meter control valve questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
What water restrictions are in this valve besides the injector nozzle for the BRINE FILL and DRINE DRAW.

Does the Rapid Rinse have a limiter ?

Does the Backwash have a limiter ?

Another thing, going by http://www.caitechnologies.com/images/PDFs/specs/SST60.pdf , the SST60 resin is superior in everyway to the regular 8% resins I can find the data for. --- more on this later

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Dont beleive everything you read in marketing literature. If that were the case, then salt free softeners would work better than traditional salt systems if I believed the marketing from a particular bird named unit that actually claims it makes "soft water" without salt.

The Drain line Flow Control DLFC limits the water flow to the drain and is set at the factory. it can be replaced in the feild easily to meet the exact water conditions. Typically, the standard setting is adequate unless you have unusually cold or warm water. The fast rinse and backwash are both limited by this device. The Brine Line Flow control regulates the refill but not the brine draw or slow rinse. The brine draw and slow rinse is limited by the injector. Since the flow is slower than the DLFC, the DLFC does nothing to regulate the brine and slow rinse cycle.

Hope this helps.

LOL, had to edit this. I noticed one of the ads on this site is by the company I am commenting on. :)

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
That is exactly the information I wanted yesterday.

Do you know what the DLFC amount for the 3/4" 5600SXT is?

And thanks for all the info.

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
Just found this.

Drain Line Flow Control Washers
19151 -Washer Flow 1.0 gpm
12085 -Washer Flow 1.2 gpm
12086 -Washer Flow 1.5 gpm
12087 -Washer Flow 2.0 gpm
12088 -Washer Flow 2.4 gpm
12089 -Washer Flow 3.0 gpm
12090 -Washer Flow 3.5 gpm
12091 -Washer Flow 4.0 gpm
12092 -Washer Flow 5.0 gpm

Wonder what I got. Crap, this is gonna affect how I do the settings. Why would you want to limit the backwash or Rapid Rinse?

Last edited:

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
With the screens (I forget the correct name) in place, the resin could still get through it?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
expansion.jpg

The DLFC controls the expansion of the resin bed during backwash and limits the downflow, which will minimize waste. Unregulated system would waste a lot of water and the cleaning process would not be done. If you simply pushed the whole bed to the top of the tank and onto the top screen, the resin will not have expanded, it will have simply shifted. Resin bed expansion allows the resin to reclassify, to move around, and to be physically cleaned.

As to the top screen, these are typically light duty screens, not intended for abuse. It is not unusual to see top screens collapse when a DLFC is done improperly. Please see the chart for proper expansion rates based on water temperature. We use generic charts for sizing DLFC's, but they should be adjusted for the application and for regional water temperatures. Of course a balance has to be made in areas where water temperatures vary regularly. Higher temperature requires more water to achieve the same bed expansion. Cold water uses less (the water is more dense, it cn lift more).

Hope this helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks