Pilot light keeps blowing out

Users who are viewing this thread

metoo

Reaction score
We have an ongoing problem with our hot water heaters. There are two of them in the crawl space. When we get any kind of a major storm with wind, the gas/pilot light gets blown out and I have to go relight them. We have had a couple of plumbers look at them and have not come up with a solution. It's been suggested that possibly convert to the Rennai Tankless heaters might help?

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
>>>When we get any kind of a major storm with wind, the gas/pilot light gets blown out<<<

That looks like you problem, you have to block the pilots from the wind.

metoo

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to do this? I would assume some type of enclosure would help. Any recommendations on the type of enclosure?

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
What you need is something like a picket fence you cannot block the air flow that the burners need,
but just something to block the wind blowing though,
i would have to be there to see what would work !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks