Chimney relining question

Users who are viewing this thread

mln

Reaction score
I recently had my chimney relined with a stainless steel liner. Previously there was just brick. Before the relining, the boiler connected to the chimney with a metal pipe, about 7-8 inches in diameter. This pipe had an elliptical hole, about 10" long by 4" or so cut out of the underside of it. When the mason relined the chimney he installed a new stainless steel connection from the boiler to the new stainless steel liner in the chimney, then mortared everything up nicely.

My question is, did that elliptical hole in the original connection provide intake air to allow the boiler exhaust to rise through the chimney? will it exhaust properly without it? and is it normal for the chimney flue connection to get considerably hot to the touch?

Thanks for any help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks