6" Certainteed Pipe splitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Crw1957

Reaction score
I have made 5 repairs to a 6" water line since October. The line is 6" SCH 40 Certainteed pipe. The line is splitting at various locations. We install a clamp and cover it up. The line feeds a 130 unit apartment complex. The pressure fluctuates from 55 to 75 PSI. Any ideas?

Crw1957

Reaction score
This is a plastic line. Yes, it may be time to replace however, I am trying to do what I can to avoid that cost for my customer.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
He needs to bite the bullet before you have a catastrophic failure.

Better to have it down when every one is expecting it rather than suddenly when it will be extremely annoying.

The cost may be even higher if it is done on an emergency basis.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
With the repair approach eventually you will get that whole new line. In the end the piecemeal replacement will cost far more than just doing it right the first time.

What is this clamp you are installing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks