faucet base plate

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveU

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Delta faucet that was leaking at the hot water stem - replacing the O rings fixed that problem. However, I now see that water is also leaking out from under the base plate whenever the hot or cold tap is opened. I suspect this means the faucet is shot. Could someone please confirm this before I go out and buy a new one? Thanks for your help,

regards,

Dave

DaveU

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply, however I wasn't clear about the type of faucet.

I think you're referring to a swivel spout that is commonly used in a kitchen. What I have here is a plain jane bathroom sink faucet with separate hot and cold handles and a single fixed spout. When either hot or cold is turned on, water seeps out from under the base.

regards,

Dave

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
check the airater as leaking running down in side the faucet body if not
replace it you be much happier in the long run.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
You may not have completely tightened down the stems when you replaced the seals.
If thats not it, there's a leak inside the faucet and it's time to get a new one, they aren't too expensive.

DaveU

Reaction score
You may not have completely tightened down the stems when you replaced the seals. If thats not it, there's a leak inside the faucet and it's time to get a new one, they aren't too expensive.

It must be the latter, I did sort of suspect that, so I'll just go ahead and replace it. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

regards,

Dave

DaveU

Reaction score
Hello cwhyu2,

Sorry for the slow reply, I’ve been away.

Your advice about the aerator turned out to be correct! I had a closer look, and that's where the water was coming from. I removed the aerator and guess what? – the washer was missing. I had an O ring that “almost†fit, and that helped a lot, but didn’t completely stop the leak A trip to the hardware store for a replacement and voila – problem fixed! Thanks again for your suggestion.

Regards,

DaveU

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks