pex to copper fixture stub outs

Users who are viewing this thread

RemodelBob

Reaction score
what is the best method to stub out a pex supply line?

i was planning on using some of these pex to copper ells

Wirsbo%20Stub%20Ell.jpg

but I was wondering what the best way to secure them is? should i run some blocking behind them and strap to it and then put one of those copper plates with all the holes in front of it?

i have also seen some of those ells with a nailing plate on them, is that a better solution?

Terry, you seem to always have the perfect picture for these things. Do you have an example of a pretty PEX stubout?

Thanks.
Rob

R

Rancher

That picture brings up a question... do you need any water hammer arrestors when using PEX?

Rancher

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Probably the ideal way is to use a copper stub bracket and solder the stubouts to it.

CopperStubBracket.jpg

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Rancher said:
That picture brings up a question... do you need any water hammer arrestors when using PEX?

No - the plastic pipe is noise-limiting and absorbs the pressure variations.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may have missed the suggested step...solder the el to the bracket. That should be plenty to hold it in place.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No - the plastic pipe is noise-limiting and absorbs the pressure variations.

The PEX is quiet and absorbs shock.
My inspectors still like to see arrestors on washers, dishwashers and icemakers if they system is closed.

Closed would be if there is a PRV on the line, or a check valve, which the city sometimes puts at the water meter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks