will caulk job cure?

Users who are viewing this thread

dl21

Reaction score
Hi,

I just had my new shower (no tub) caulked. My contractor used silicone caulk (latasil), and I know that the shower was completely dry before caulking. The problem is that the shower was accidentally used for a 10 minute shower 4 hours after my contractor had finished, and then, once again for another 10 minutes, the next day. After the second shower, I figured out my son had used it (he vopletely forgot I had told him NOT to use the shower for 2 days :) I dried the seams (that had been caulked) with a towel and it has not been used since. It has been 2 days since it was used last.

When I press on the caulk, it feels somewhat soft, but does not feel sticky or tacky. My question is, do you think it will cure OK, and is there a way I can test the caulking to see if it is Ok, or what should I look for?

Thanks!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some caulks can take up to a week to cure completely, but are generally skinned over in a short time. If the bond was not broken to the tile, and especially if you have porcelain tile that doesn't absorb much of any moisture, you may be okay. You might want to call the manufacturer's help line and ask them.

dl21

Reaction score
Thanks so much Jim. It is porcelain! Yipee. I need all the help I can get:) Great idea to call the manufacturer. Thank You!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks