Can you hide plumbing for a pedestal lav installation behind the sink column?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You could line up waste and supplies vertically and you wouldn't notice as much from the front side view.

The column is away from the wall a ways, so from the angle or side, you will still see them.
Most plumbers install the shutoffs side to side, and keep them evenly measured off from the center line, something like four of five inches from centerline. The picture shows a Soiree pedestal lav from an angle, this one isn't hooked up, so you would see the p-trap coming from the wall from the angle that the picture is taken from.

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TJanak

Reaction score
I thought I did a pretty good job for my first pedestal sink. I did have the advantage of an extra wide basin to cover things up though. You can just barely see the supply lines in the top picture and that is taken from sitting on the toilet which is the most you can see of them in the whole room. The lower picture shows part of the drain escutcheon.

Btw, thanks for the avatar Terry.

Attachments

• IMG_5588..jpg
    IMG_5588..jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,532
  • IMG_5589..jpg
    IMG_5589..jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,970
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks