Android

Users who are viewing this thread

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Bought a new phone and it has a GPS app,so I thought I would try it out.
Put in an address 2 blocks from me and followed what my phone said,got to the destanation and my phone showed me a picture of the place.
Walked back home and when I got in the door to my house,my phone said"you must be lost".
Forgot to turn the GPS off laughed so hard it hurt.
:D

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Nice Phone

LOL.

That is a nice phone, I think you will be happy with it.

That is, if you can get over it being a smart ass...

Have a good evening.

DonL

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
LOL.

That is a nice phone, I think you will be happy with it.

That is, if you can get over it being a smart ass...

Have a good evening.

DonL
It has voice command so I can talk back to it.As in cuss it out LOL:D

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Me, I'm going the other way. I'm gonna get me one of those AARP phones for seniors. I've been paying way too much to Verizon Wireless for my wife's and my phone that we use only a total of less than 30 minutes a month combined! We pay about 85 bucks a month for service including taxes, fees, taxes on fees and fees on taxes, with the minimum plan, and I have texting and Internet access turned off. My wife and I are not the type that need to be attached to our phones 24/7, but they are on when we are out so if anybody wants to call us , they can. Hmmm, maybe nobody likes us:eek:

DonL

Reaction score
My son has one of them and it is very cool.

I hope you have a TRUE unlimited plan to go with it.

It can be very expensive for all the data that is uses.

Have a great day.

DonL

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My son has one of them and it is very cool.

I hope you have a TRUE unlimited plan to go with it.

It can be very expensive for all the data that is uses.

Have a great day.

DonL

The Android or my future AARP phone? LOL. The AARP plan I will get is only for about 300 minutes a month, and a couple hundred texts, plus a little Internet access. All for about 32 dollars a month plus taxes for 2 phones.

DonL

Reaction score
The Android or my future AARP phone? LOL. The AARP plan I will get is only for about 300 minutes a month, and a couple hundred texts, plus a little Internet access. All for about 32 dollars a month plus taxes for 2 phones.

Not bad Bob.

Just watch your minutes, because a lot of them plans charge a bunch, if you go over.

Normally you can get your minutes used by entering a few digits on the keypad.

DonL

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Don. I read that if you go over your plan, you can just opt to upgrade to the next level insteda of paying the per minute overage charges. There is no contract with them. anyway, the usage my wife and I have incurred over the past 15 years or so of cell phones has averaged out to less than 22 minutes a month, believe it or not. The most frivolous use we have with them is when we split up at Home Depot or Lowes or one of the clubs and need to find each others location. Its kind of just with us for emergencies for the most part.

DonL

Reaction score
The most frivolous use we have with them is when we split up at Home Depot or Lowes or one of the clubs and need to find each others location. Its kind of just with us for emergencies for the most part.

I remember in the day, they would just put out a page over the intercom.

Beep Beep, "BobL your wife is waiting for you at checkout 10, Your ride is leaving soon." LOL

Them were the good old days.

You don't even get good cell phone coverage here in all of the metal building.

DonL

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the reception can be a problem in metal buildings. When I am in a BJ's, I need to stand under a skylight sometimes to get just 1 bar of signal strength. Before my cell phone days, I wore a beeper just so my wife could get hold of me. I was always on a leash it seems LOL.
Some stores will page somebody for you still if you ask customer service to.

DonL

Reaction score
Some stores will page somebody for you still if you ask customer service to.

You can page for yourself at W-M, and other stores that use the same PBX system.

The default code for ALLPage is #96

It is fun to have some fun, now and again.

Have a great evening.

DonL

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

DonL

Reaction score
When I had a top secret clearance I had to worry about the information that I talked about, Even with my wife.

The PBX codes are only to be used in an emergency, IE Your wife is going to leave the store without you. LOL.

I hate shopping at WM... And miss Sam, he was a good man.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks