Water Supply Lines for Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

KShirriff

Reaction score
I need to run water to the 2nd floor bathroom. Should I run 3/4" up from the basement and reduce down to 1/2" for my connections or just branch off of the 3/4" in the basement and run 1/2" up to the bathroom?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's good and bad for going with smaller hot lines - unless you're running a recirc system, the smaller line means less waste while waiting for hot. But, 1/2" pex is closer to 3/8" copper in its ability to transport water. This may be okay for a single showerhead, toilet, or sink, but not for two at a time, or for filling a tub.

If you go with a manifold system in the bathroom, get one with at least one extra port and use it to run a return line should you want to add a recirculation system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks