Wall draining toilet leaking at wax ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lemmon

Reaction score
I have a 40 year old toilet that drains out he the back. It is leaking from the waste line and I suspect that the wax ring has failed. The other side of the wall it is on is a pipe chase containg supply and drain lines as well as the 2" hot water heating supply lines for my condo and the two below me. I suspect that the wax ring failure is due to the excessive heat inside this pipe chase. I am having trouble finding information on a non wax seal that is suitable for a rear draing toilet. I need to do this repair this weekend and was looking for some advice. I have thought about a felt gasket and possibly some kind of uerthane seal, but because rear training toilets are not very common, I am having trouble finding information on what will work best.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks