Faulty Faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

swalsh

Reaction score
We have a mixer faucet on our large master bathtub. A couple of weeks ago the cold water stopped working. I turn the knob for the cold water and nothing comes out at all - it just turns and nothing happens. The hot water still works just fine. All other waters supply to our showers, toilets etc still working ok too.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong with the cold water and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's really hard without either a picture or the brand and model. If it is a cartridge, you may need to replace it. If it has a valve seat, the washer may have dislodged and is plugging the outlet. It could be a $0.10 repair (new washer), or even free, as some manufacturer's warranty their cartridges for life. Or, you might have to replace other parts which aren't covered.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks