Basement Flushing Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

nsm4u

Reaction score
Some time ago I had a bathroom installed in my basement. I continue to have problems getting the toilet to flush properly and clear everything out of the bowl. The plumber that did the work is very little help. I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what questions I could ask or what I can do to get a toilet that will completely flush on a regular basis.

Also, would anyone recommend the Flushmate system or the Toto Ultramax as a possible fix for this situation?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The plumbing could be fine, it might just be a poorly performing toilet. What model and brand is it? Have you checked the performance specs that Terry has on his site? The quality of the flush varies significantly from model to model. Course, if the plumbing has problems, a great toilet may not help, either.

nsm4u

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The current toilet is an American Standard, 1.6gpf.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can check the MaP testing on your toilet.

I rate toilets below and at the top rated toilet, the Toto Drake, you will see a click for the MaP report too.

nsm4u

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. Your site has been very helpful. Looks like there will be a "Drake" in my future. If I understand correctly, it was rated higher than the Ultramax but is a two piece as opposed to one piece. Since it is going in the basement for my teenagers, I feel OK about ordering a two pice.

Sorry you do not ship outside WA!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks