Another bathroom clog question

Users who are viewing this thread

CityKid

Reaction score
Second floor, one toilet, one sink and one bathtub/shower.
The toilet has no problem but the sink drains very slowly and some water comes up out of the bathtub drain.
I snaked the tub drain pretty far... then bam, couldn't go any further, no matter how hard I tried.
I'd snake the sink but it's a pedstal and isn't attached to the wall. The house came that way.:rolleyes:
It sounds like a venting problem, but wouldn't the toilet be affected also?
What could I be hitting with the drain?
Thanks everyone.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's not a vent, how would a vent cause a sink to backup into a tub? Either throw away your toy snake and buy a real one or hire a pro.

Nate R

Reaction score
What would be a good or NOT toy snake to get?

I work for a couple landlords doing handyman jobs. A decent snake is essential! :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
snakes

Unfortunately, the one you need is much too expensive for occassional use, and the ones referenced in the above link are also backbreakers since they do not break down into individual components very easily.

JeffH

Reaction score
Take the sink off...

Unfortunately, the snake used for the shower/tub might not be big enough for the task. Removing the pedestal sink allows for a larger snake to be ran. This is where I'd run my machine using 13/32 cable. BTW do you have one of these? There nice for tight spaces, and I've run mine out to suprisingly lenghts.

http://www.spartantool.com/machineview.asp?id=11&menu=cablemachines&model=700

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks