Tankless Decision Help - 2 HWHs

Users who are viewing this thread

dbot

Reaction score
Hello all - first thanks for all the good info on this site. My house has two tanks: first tank is a 40, servicing kitchen, 1 full bath, 1 half-bath (never used); the second is smaller (maybe 25-30 gallons?) and services the washing machine and master bath.

The first tank is 16 years old and producing some yellow water, which may be coming from the tank, the galvanized piping, or both. I want to replace this tank and piping. The second tank is fine and has no galvanized piping.

I am considering the tankless option (outside mount) to replace both tanks and service the whole house. A side benefit would be essentially adding a pantry to the kitchen, where the HW tank is now located. First estimate is around $4500 for a Rheem 95 outdoor.

Any comments or concerns would be appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks