Motorized Damper/Thermostat question

Users who are viewing this thread

a012210

Reaction score
My motorized dampers are not opening and closing at all. My Honeywell thermostat is turning the furnace and fan on fine but my dampers (which are motorized) are not opening and closing automatically.

I have 2 floors and 2 thermostats. I have a red wire (and jumper), a yellow wire, a white wire and a green wire connected to my thermostat. There is also a blue wire but it isn't connected to the thermostat.

This is very frustrating because I cannot control the temperature consistently.

Can someone tell me how to test the motorized dampers?

Do I need to connect the blue wire to the thermostats?

On the system panel in the attic, I can see each zone1 and zone2 and it's wires connecting to the panel and the wires going to the motorized dampers.

I would really really really appreciate any suggestions. I would LOVE to avoid a $200 service call if someone could help me out!!

Allen

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks