Rain shower head height...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Were using a rain style shower head with a 16" arm and need to know a good height. I know the nominal height for a shower head is 72" but also know its up to the user based on a search in this forum but that thread was related to a regular style shower head.
I never used a rain style head before, is there a recommended height to get the best experience using this style?
I am 6'2" and wife is 5'5" and thinking of 84"

thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd want it high enough so if I was lathering up my hair, I wouldn't have a chance of knocking the thing. 10" should be enough.

AlwaysInHotWater

Reaction score
Another option is to position the outlet at a more normal height and use a riser-extension arm instead of a straight arm. This allows you to switch back to a standard shower arm and head at a later date without it being out of reach for some users.

Look here towards the bottom of the page for the type of arm you might want to consider: http://www.neatitems.com/shower_arms.htm

HolmesStephanie

Reaction score
Were using a rain style shower head with a 16" arm and need to know a good height. I know the nominal height for a shower head is 72" but also know its up to the user based on a search in this forum but that thread was related to a regular style shower head.
I never used a rain style head before, is there a recommended height to get the best experience using this style?
I am 6'2" and wife is 5'5" and thinking of 84"

thanks

Hey there,

The standard height for rain showerhead – 84″ when you install a rain shower head, you should place it at least 80 inches above your shower floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks