Shopvac dead - fusible link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
ShopVac suddenly stopped. Took it apart and after some research looks like a fusible link. Do I buy that or make one? Should those two metal ends in the picture be connected? If so, how and with what.

I hooked on the multimeter and it made a sound/number moved when I put a piece of copper between the two end connectinos. It looks like those should be connected at the ends there ...Please advise. Go gentle now, just learning.

connectino.jpg

Coopns

Reaction score
Where would you buy such a thing? Would they have them at the big box stores or would I have to got to a electrical supply company?

Thanks for the link.

Coop

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The Armature does not look to good in that motor.

It will need to be cleaned up and the brushes should be replaced.

Protectors open for a reason. You can buy thermal protectors online.

http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?w=thermal fuse

It would be better to get the original parts from the manual if you can find them.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's probably a good reason why the fusible link blew: bearings, brushes, dirt, worn insulation, etc...sometimes it's not the best idea to patch it back together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks