leaks only when shower is on?

Users who are viewing this thread

djwoody

Reaction score
I have a single teardrop control bath and shower,but it only leaks when the shower is on and not when using the bath tub, could it be just the diverter valve? thx alot for your help all

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
In cases like this, I always inspect the plumbing first without being too intrusive and then check the tils and grout, especially where the tils meet the tub, The tiles and grout have a tendency to fail at any time

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Try removing the escutchen on the valve and operating the shower. this will allow you to see if the leak is from above, at the valve, and is probably the least destructive vantage point. Do you have a diverter on the tub spout? Do you know the make/ model of this valve?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leaks

It depends on WHERE the leak is, not so much when it leaks. During a shower there is more back pressure on the valve so if there is a bad seal, it could leak then but not when the tub is being used. No way for us to tell without being there and seeing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks