Professional advice on installing sump pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Stude60

Retired pipefitter
Reaction score
I need to install a sump pump. I have lived in this house for 32 years and have been flooded three times since 1997. I had 5 inches of rain yesterday and that was the last straw. I kept watching the basement for water, saw nothing, and then in a flash I was flooded. I have several questions. First, has anyone used a Saber sump basin and a StormPro pump. The pump has something called a ION Digital Level Control. The Saber basin is perforated and supposedly designed to work with this pump. Next question.
I live in a rural area. The floor drain from my house runs 200 feet to the storm drain by the highway in front of my house. Today I put a garden hose in the drain. I turned the water on full blast and walked to the highway to see where it came out. I found it, bubbling out of the bank. I did not put this drain in, the previous owner did. What are your thoughts of discharging the sump through this drain ? The basement area is 30x50 and is finished with four rooms. I do not know this to be a fact, but I was tols that the floor is 9" thick. Supposedly there was a screw up when the basement floor was poured. It was not properly chalked off. I was told that there is 30 yards of concrete in the floor. I guess I will find out when the pit is dug. In any case, I am an old man seeking advie, and any help is appreciated.

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
Not familiar with those brands but not jealous of the job of jacking up 9" of concrete...

Can you just connect to the floor drain system without a pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks