60x30 cast iron tub with apron?

Users who are viewing this thread

kathyc

Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a 60x30 cast iron soaker tub. My current space is a left-handed alcove tub/shower combo.

The best option I've found so far is the Kohler Villager , It's definitely a steal -- -- but I'd be willing to spring for a more expensive tub if I could get more height for a true soaker tub.

My current tub dimensions are 66'' L x 30'' W x 17'' H. I don't have much room width wise, and I haven't been able to find anything that's 66x30, so I figured I'd just build out one wall a bit and have a cubby for toiletries.

Last edited by a moderator:

kathyc

Reaction score
@Terry - Thanks for the reply! I'm seriously considering the Villager, but I really want more height if I can find it. I would also consider a longer tub, but width wise, I really can't make 32'' work, which is why it's been so challenging finding a true soaker tub.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I"ve never seen a 30" true soaker tub.
I've seen 32" and 36", but not 30".

Homes built in the 20's had tall thin tubs like that, but that was 90 years ago.

kathyc

Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense. So far, the closest thing I've been able to find is a Porcher drop-in that's 59" L x 27 3/4" W x 19 5/8" H, http://www.qualitybath.com/product~name~Porcher++60320~ID~71275.htm. Not only is the tub far more, but I assume the surround and additional tile work would put me way over the top. If it were an apron, I might consider it if I could find some dollars elsewhere with a less expensive vanity or toilet, etc.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
When you start looking at lines like Porcher, St. Thomas Creations, etc. the $$$ add up fast! You will find more variety if you are willing to look at acrylics as well as cast iron. I would look at the complete American Standard catalog, and also check Lasco Bathware. If style and appearance are important, a deck mounted tub is all the rage, but it is more difficult to install and maintain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks