Washing machine drain layout

Users who are viewing this thread

1832 farmhouse

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post and I hope the pictures come through ok. I am DIYer with a wide knowledge of construction.
I am moving laundry to 2nd floor while remodeling and want a extra eyes on my layout.
I current setup is dryfitted together.

thanks
2013-07-07_14-46-22_170.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't see for sure, but does the vent go to the outside or is than an AAV? AAV venting may not be OK where you are.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Even if the AAV is permitted it must be in a location where it can be serviced.

John

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
AAV's don't work on washing machine drains. Washer drains are a pressure assisted drain. AAV's only let air in, not out.

1832 farmhouse

Reaction score
It is a AAV. I will have a access panel in front of it. I have never heard that AAV's could not be used on washing machines.
I thought a AAV open and closes?
would it not work with the pressure that washer machine discharges?

Thanks

I have had AAVs installed on previous piping in another home area in my on a drain line.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
On a pumped drain such as a clothes there can be a positive pressure caused by the water displacing he air in the line. That will not allow the AAV open.

John

1832 farmhouse

Reaction score
I see. very bummed out right now. Things now means another roof penetration? do they make a vent for my situation that would exit through the wall ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks