well size?

Users who are viewing this thread

derek28

Reaction score
I have some question about well size, I currently have a 2" well with a jet pump and over the last 2 years the water psi has been getting worse when running 2 or more things in the house and i cant deal with it anymore. So i called a well driller and he said that the screen is probably getting plugged up so i asked him about some pricing on a new well and its only $200 more for a 5" well vs a 4". What are some advantages of a 5" well compared to a 4"? And what about pump hp is 3/4hp better than 1/2hp??? The reason im curious is im planning on adding on another bathroom and maybe next year building a pole barn (if she'll let me) and i want to make sure there will be enough water if im washing my truck and the wife is doing dishes and the sprinkler is going in the garden and my daughter flushes the toliet. lol I just want to have enough water is a 4" going to be that much better than my current 2" or should i go with a 5"? He said that he's drilled wells around me and that 125' would probably be the depth so what hp would be best even though the addition and the barn are not there yet? And if I do over size the pump will it hurt anything until the barn gets built?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
For 200 more I would go with the 5”. There are a lot more options available and a lot less problems in the long run with 5”.

A ¾ HP, 10 GPM series will do 12 GPM at that depth. That should be plenty of water. But the beauty of a CSV is that you can install as large a pump as you want, and still use it like a small one without hurting anything.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks