Do I need chlorine filter with Kinetico and city water?

Users who are viewing this thread

belfert

Reaction score
I recently got a used Kinetico Supra K45. I took it to the local Kinetico dealer and they rebuilt it for $625.

They mentioned based on the city I am in that I should have a chlorine filter in front of the softener. Is this really necessary? Where can I get one for a decent price?

I'm not entirely happy with the Kinetico dealer. They wouldn't provide any sort of installation directions even after spending $625. The older retired guy that does all the reconditioning only works Mondays and Tuesday. He would have probably helped me if the was there when I picked up the unit. He gave me a set of plumbing adapters he was probably supposed to charge for.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Chlorine will take it's toll on your softener. You don't "Have To" get a carbon filter, but IMO, it's a good idea. The unit will last longer and it will improve the taste of your water. You can buy a carbon filter from a number of online dealer for about the same price of your rebuilt softener. The installation could be easy depending on the type of piping you have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks