Bathtub comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

pchiker

Reaction score
I am looking for the best value for a 60" x 30" bathtub comparing the following products:

American Standard Princeton (Americast)
Kohler Villager (Cast Iron)
Hydro Systems Lacey or Sydney (Acrylic)

What are the advantages or disadvantages of these?

Thanks

David

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A cast iron tub will be the most durable. They're heavy and can be difficult to move and emplace without help or a little experience. Some people love Americast tubs, some hate them. Acrylic is available in more shapes and is lighter. It probably has the easiest finish to scratch (that being said, it can last a very long time and look good), and probably requires more care in setting to ensure it doesn't squeak or flex, so it can crack. Because it is easier to shape, you'll find more shape choices in an acrylic tub (which is what I put in). if you set it properly, it will be as solid as the others. Use the search function, there's a lot of discussion on these. If you like the look of the CI tub, it is the most durable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks