Honeywell Triple Aquastat

Users who are viewing this thread

John456

Reaction score
:confused: I recently purchased a new home which uses an oil fired burner for heat and hot water. Connected to the burner is a Honeywell Triple Aquastat control L8124A. There are three dials: Hi which is set to 200 dg, low which is set to 180 dg and the differential which is set to about 17. Does anyone know what these mean and whether they are set properly? I want the burner to run efficiently but I think these settings are high. Thanks for your help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
aquastat

It has been decades since I have seen one, but if memory is not failing me, the high is the point where the burner shuts off to prevent overheating. Low is the pump's starting point, and differential is how many degrees below the pump starting temperature the boiler temperature will fall before the pump shuts off because the burners cannot keep up with the demand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks