Shower/tub temp. not hot enough

Users who are viewing this thread

jackb

Reaction score
Hi,I'm having trouble getting hot water in my upstairs tub/shower-It's lukewarm at best and it's good and hot everywhere else in the house including the sink in the same bathroom.The tub/shower control is a Symmons Temptrol unit that was installed in 1988.I thought that the problem would be in the spindle unit(I have well water and I had to replace this once before)but it did not help things.Also,I tried adjusting the anti-scald set-screw(I backed it way out so it is not even contacting)but this did not help either.What else might it be?A clogged pipe?Thanks very much for any advice.

http://www.symmons.com/Customer-Service.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
a partly blocked hot water line could be the problem. I would really suspect the old valve. Replace with a Delta and you will probably be fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks