FielVent Damper/Honeywell S8610 Ignition module wiring question?

Users who are viewing this thread

zippo2

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 7" Field Auto Vent Damper (same as Effikal RVG) and a Honeywll S8610U electronic ignition module/ redundant gas valve combo. These were instaleed on my 1989 Lennox G8Q4 Gas furnace recently. The Gas valve and ignition were installed by a HVAC contractor and are working well. I installed the Damper and purchased the Filed universal Wiring harness to connect the two. The harness has 4 wires (brown/black/yellow/orange) and a 4 pin molex plug on one end. The other end is 4 bare wires. My question is how do I plug the 4 bare wires into the S8610 module. There is a vent damper plug which is currently covered by a jumper. If I remove the jumper wire I can re use the 6-pin molex plug and attach the 4 wires. I just don't know the configuration that I should use because the honeywell unit did not provide a wiring diagram for the plug. Should I just configure the 4 wires into the plug as a mirror image of the other end? For example: top left corner yellow goes to top left corner on module plug, etc. Any advice would be great. I would love to just use the damper plug on the module vice having to wire each wire seperately with the furnace and thermostat wiring. This damper is supposed to replace the Honeywell D896 damper which would plug directly into the module witha supplied harness( two 4-pin molex plugs, one on each end).

Cheers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks