Your new look is G-R-E-A-T!

Discussion in 'Terry's Corner' started by Wallijonn, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Wallijonn

Wallijonn Member

Just wanted to thank you for the re-design. It now seems to be working flawlessly and I love the new look.

Before I would get a message that said whether or not I should leave or stay on the page after hitting the save posit button. That's probably the reason why some were double posting. I would select all/copy, duplicate the tab, re-fresh, see if the posit was posted and if not then re-hit the save button on the previous tab.

The colours look great, the layout looks great, the radio buttons and fill boxes look great, the fonts look great, ...

Job well done, sir.
    Taylor Love likes this.
  2. Wallijonn

Wallijonn Member

3. Taylor Love

Taylor Love Terry's son Staff Member

Which ones? They all seem to link over to the new system with the redirect scripts.
  4. Taylor Love

Glad that you like it! We were hoping it would be enjoyable. =D

That sounds like a pretty bad user experience. I'm glad we upgraded the software.

Thank you my good man.
  5. GeorgeCT

GeorgeCT DIY Junior Member

I don't like this new interface, I feel lost.
    What was wrong with the old interface?
  6. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

I am particularly impressed by how peppy it is.
    Taylor Love likes this.
  7. Taylor Love

You get used to it pretty quickly. It might be a bit strange at first, but give it a few minutes and it should start to feel natural again. The old interface was laggy, took too long to load, and it wasn't optimized for large amounts of content. The new version eliminates a lot of clicks that were previously required. Want to view a member's information? Click their avatar. Want to make a post? The new version will do it faster and more smoothly. It's also kind of nice because it will notify you of new messages and new replies to your comments.

I'm also enjoying that. =]
  8. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

I don't much care for being identified in the "Users Who Have Read This Thread" list at the bottom of posts nor do I care to be identified as "Viewing This Thread" at the top. I prefer to lurk undetected and don't want the OP to know if'n I choose not to reply. Is there a privacy setting where I can turn it off?