Who can service my Kinetico head (pistons)? Indy Kinetico dealer has exhausted me

Users who are viewing this thread

wm_son

Reaction score
I've been through the head and all is good except the pistons (1 is broke). Kinetico Indy (Indianapolis, IN) has worn me out with extemely poor service. I've attempted to work with them 5 times in the last 3 weeks, and they keep pushing a new $2,000 unit. They send out sales reps on their service calls. Our System 30 is only 10 yrs old. In other words, it's worth another couple hundred dollars to try and repair.

Are there any known shops (besides Kinetico Indy) in central Indiana that service Kinetico? Thanks.

wm_son

Reaction score
I have the answer to my question: Kessco Water in Terre Haute, IN serviced my valve while I waited. Kinetico Indy quoted $1,000 for system rebuild including rebedding. Kessco? ----------> $270. Wow.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am a true believer that if you do not ask the question, you will never get the answer you are looking for. Congrads on finding an honest Kinetico dealer. They are fgew and far between. Most of the time they just want to rip you off.

wm_son

Reaction score
I stand erected; I'm looking at the paperwork from the Indy tech's visit on 9/18 and he friggn quoted $1,700 for system rebuild...lolollllololollllllll. It was $1,000 for valve only. $1,700 for system rebuild...blaaahahahahaaaaaaaahahaha. Kinetico Terre Haute basically rebuilt the valve and I rebedded, total $270. $1,700 omffffffffffffff. Letter in the works to Kinetico president. This crap has gotta cease.

Model 60 Expert

Reaction score
A broken piston is most certainly from water hammer. To prevent pistons from breaking in the future it may be necessary to install an expansion tank.

Tech stuff....
Buy a new piston. 3 pieces total ( 1.Main valve with seal, 2. main valve seat with seal, and 3. quad ring 110 that the piston slides on. ) use allen wrench to remove old piston, and tiny pick to remove old quad ring 110. then install new using silicone on main valve seal, quad ring 110 but not threads or main valve seat seal.)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks