When Staples Won't Work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm running some outdoor Romex (UL 12/2 UF-B) and I need to support it on some 4x4's that must be pressure treated. Some of the insulated wire staples I am using are just bending when I hammer them in. Is there an approved screw-type clamp for this situation or will any (appropriate-sized) nylon cable clamp be okay?

Bassman

DIY Member
Reaction score
Unless you have many to hammer in, cheap and easy is to pre-drill for the staples. Only an extra couple of seconds for each.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bassman said:
Unless you have many to hammer in, cheap and easy is to pre-drill for the staples. Only an extra couple of seconds for each.

Have you done that? It seems to me that for an overhead run, the staples would eventually start to pull out.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, I bought some super heavy duty staples and hammered the heck out of them, and they didn't bend. Problem solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks